Over three years in development, Von Schweikert Audio is releasing the ULTRA Line; an entire new series of world-class flagship reference loudspeakers. The defining trait of this new line is ultra-low distortion.
The ULTRA 9 achieves a level of performance and realism previously not possible utilizing an all-new cabinet noise reduction design, low distortion drivers and signal path, as well as our proprietary Global Axis Integration Network circuit design.
Sharing the same characteristics and technology as the ULTRA 11, just in a smaller enclosure, the ULTRA 9 perfect size for any real-world sound room. Von Schweikert Audio didn’t invent loudspeakers, but we’ve spent over 40 years perfecting them and the ULTRA 9 is the pinnacle of our efforts.
- Extremely low distortion, class-defining clarity, three dimensional image focus, and lush harmonic structure set a new world standard.
- MasterBuilt Ultra Internal Wiring comes standard on the ULTRA Line. Each signal path is individually shielded and damped with point to point connections. Designed by leaders in the Aerospace industry and made with rare and precious alloys. It’s simply the most transparent signal path available!
- All-new exotic drivers such as ceramic woofers and midranges, Beryllium tweeters, compound woven subwoofers and ribbon super tweeters.
- Point to point hand built networks with isolated architecture that protects crossover parts and wiring from electrical noise contamination.
- Version 2.0 Aktive Cabinet Vibration Control, eliminating cabinet noise with new materials and layering techniques.
- Time Alignment, Phase Consistency, and adjustable bi-polar sound radiation pattern for room-filling sound. The ULTRA 9 design employs one 15” powered subwoofer per channel to achieve full-range response from 16Hz to 40kHz.
The ULTRA 9 is a flagship level loudspeaker designed to fit into almost any sound room; not requiring a large space for peak performance. This design operates on a bandwidth of 16Hz to 40kHz with incredibly low distortion and does so with 92dB sensitivity. All of the components and voicing of the ULTRA 9 is identical to that of its larger sibling; the ULTRA 11, just in a smaller concept.
Each channel of the ULTRA 9 loudspeaker system is physically time-aligned and consists of a 1,000-watt powered 15″ sealed subwoofer, twin 9″ reinforced ceramic mid-bass drivers, a 7″ reinforced ceramic midrange, a beryllium tweeter, and two 5″ aluminum ribbon super tweeters, one rear firing as part of the ambient retrieval system. When combined with low distortion motor assemblies and the highest quality crossover circuitry available, this transducer array produces the finest and most lifelike musical presentation available. Indeed, the ULTRA 9 represents true sonic nirvana for those who desire the very best. If these qualities are your personal “Holy Grail” and music is an important part of your life, the ULTRA 9 is for you!
Fine Tuning Adjustments
The ULTRA 9 is completely adjustable from bass to treble to match almost any room condition, electronics or listening taste. The controls include: Subwoofer level, subwoofer frequency, front tweeter level, super tweeter level and a rear ambience level control. The controls for the front tweeters and super tweeters are 20 position auto formers that do not degrade the signal.
The ULTRA 9 utilizes our proprietary Acoustic Inverse Replication (A.I.R.) technology. A.I.R. employs our famous Global Axis Integration Network to enable our ULTRA 9 system to replicate the inverse of recording microphone signal, thus decoding the dimensionality of the actual recorded event. In combination with our rear-firing Ambience Retrieval System, the ULTRA 9 provides thrilling realism guarantee to provoke an emotional response from any music lover.
FREQ RESP: 16Hz – 40KHz
SENSITIVITY: 92dB @ 1w/1m
IMPEDANCE: 4ohms nominal
REC. MIN. POWER: 60 watts
SIZE: 50″ H x 21″ W (rear) x 32.5″ D
WEIGHT: 500 lbs each
INTERNAL SUB AMP POWER: 1000 watts RMS